Monday, May 17, 2010

Day One

Technically, today should have been the first day of this journey. But, my husband had surgery today so it was not a day of dieting or exercising. I hope that tomorrow will be better.

My daughter is getting married September 1, 2010 in Jamaica. Although I've lost about 50 pounds since 2008, I've also gained about 6-7 back. It's called stress. I'm one of those people who eats when stressed and my life lately has been VERY stressful. I also have themiddlesideoflife.blogspot.com to cover those stresses - mostly my husband's health.

This week may not be "the" week that I get it all together. I honestly don't even know where to start. I have no clue what to do for me or how to focus on me. I haven't spent enough time taking care of "me" to really know how to do it.

I hope that I haven't waited too long to find myself...

1 comment:

TinaM said...

Thanks again for stopping by My Day :) and for connecting me with your sister, that is funny! :)

Wow, you have lost 50 pounds! That is great!

I also eat when I'm stressed, something I never even realized until this weight loss journey. I will have to read up on your other blog to see what's going on...

Not that I'm qualified to give any advise lol, but I would say Baby Steps. What ever is going on, is already enough stress, so start out slow. I don't know what your daily routine is like, but if you don't already- take a 15 minute walk every morning... when that becomes habit, change one more thing, (a bad eating habit, drinking more water, cutting out pop, more exercise ect.) but make these changes slowly so as not to get over whelmed...

You haven't waited to long, It's NEVER to late ;)