Monday, June 28, 2010

No great updates

It's been a couple of weeks and life is about the same. Ron had surgery last week. The foot is - well, it is what it is. I'm taking him back to the doctor tomorrow to have it re-checked because I don't like how it looks.

I've done a great job of self-sabotage. I haven't followed my own diet plan, haven't done what I set out to do, and haven't lost any weight. But, I did get to the YMCA four days in a row week before last. Last week, I made it Monday and Tuesday. This week - I'm not sure.

I had someone give me an older recumbent exercise bike for Ron (it's a Kathy Ireland brand). It's not great, but it is functional. I used it a bit last night. The resistance is tough, no matter how much I loosen it, so it may need to have some WD-40 applied.

I'm lowering my expectations of myself for the next few weeks. I need to relax and de-stress over the fact that Amy is getting married on an exotic beach in two months. I need to just not worry today or tomorrow about how I'm going to look in eight weeks. I just need to do what I need to do.

God, help me! I still need to get my passport!

1 comment:

TinaM said...

I really feel for you. It's so hard to do well when we are stressed, and you have a lot going on!!! It's definitely more important to get your passport, and enjoy your daughters wedding than it is to stress about loosing weight.

It's great you have made it to the Y, every little bit helps.
If I could make a suggestion... pick ONE thing you want to change. ONE thing that won't be to stressful. Once that is habit, pick another. OR during this stressful time, just stick with the one...
Have a great week!